Campus Safety Programs
Active Shooter Program
- This program provides the most up to date information and protective actions that can be used to reduce your risk from becoming the victim of an active shooter. You may also view this informative active shooter video.
Personal Safety Programs
- Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) Program – The RAD course for female students, faculty and staff provides realistic self-defense tactics and techniques. It is a comprehensive, women-only course that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and risk avoidance, while progressing on to the basic hands-on defense training. For more information go to RAD.
- Personal Safety – Provides tips on how to move around campus safely.
- Bike, Pedestrian, Runner Safety – Promotes road safety for pedestrians, runners, and bike riders.
Financial Safety and Theft Prevention Programs
- Identity/Internet Safety – Provides tips on how to protect information, networks, computers, and resources against security attacks.
- Financial Security – Provides information and methods for safeguarding personal finances.
- Theft Prevention – Provides information and methods regarding the safeguarding of personal items, and thefts from vehicles and residence halls.
- Smarties & Dumb-Dumbs – This program is specific to theft prevention in residence halls.
Alcohol and Substance Abuse Programs
- Substance Abuse – This program is designed to prevent and delay the use of alcohol and other drugs as well as to minimize potential future harm from use.
- Binge Drinking – This program is designed to change the social and community norms associated with underage and binge drinking.
- Driving under the influence – This class teaches the current laws in the State of Georgia as it applies to driving under the influence of Alcohol and/or drugs and the possible consequences of violating this law.
Relationship Violence, Stalking, and Sexual Assault Programs
- Domestic Violence – Describes domestic violence and what you can do if you become a victim of domestic violence.
- Dating Violence – Describes dating violence and what you can do if you become a victim of dating violence.
- Stalking – Describes and defines stalking, and what you should do if you feel you are being stalked.
- Sexual Assault Prevention Provides prevention strategies, risk factors and protective actions likely to reduce the chances of a sexual assault.
Citizens Police Academy
- This program is intended to build lasting relationships with the University community and the Office of Public Safety through hands-on law enforcement education and operations.
Last updated: 5/20/2019