Campus Safety Programs
Active Shooter Program
Personal Safety Programs
- Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) Program – The RAD course for female students, faculty and staff provides realistic self-defense tactics and techniques. It is a comprehensive, women-only course that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and risk avoidance, while progressing on to the basic hands-on defense training. For more information go to RAD.
- Personal Safety – Provides tips on how to move around campus safely.
- Bike, Pedestrian, Runner Safety – Promotes road safety for pedestrians, runners, and bike riders.
Financial Safety and Theft Prevention Programs
- Identity/Internet Safety – Provides tips on how to protect information, networks, computers, and resources against security attacks.
- Financial Security – Provides information and methods for safeguarding personal finances.
- Theft Prevention – Provides information and methods regarding the safeguarding of personal items, and thefts from vehicles and residence halls.
- Smarties & Dumb-Dumbs – This program is specific to theft prevention in residence halls.
Alcohol and Substance Abuse Programs
- Substance Abuse – This program is designed to prevent and delay the use of alcohol and other drugs as well as to minimize potential future harm from use.
- Binge Drinking – This program is designed to change the social and community norms associated with underage and binge drinking.
- Driving under the influence – This class teaches the current laws in the State of Georgia as it applies to driving under the influence of Alcohol and/or drugs and the possible consequences of violating this law.
Relationship Violence, Stalking, and Sexual Assault Programs
- Domestic Violence – Describes domestic violence and what you can do if you become a victim of domestic violence.
- Dating Violence – Describes dating violence and what you can do if you become a victim of dating violence.
- Stalking – Describes and defines stalking, and what you should do if you feel you are being stalked.
- Sexual Assault Prevention Provides prevention strategies, risk factors and protective actions likely to reduce the chances of a sexual assault.
Citizens Police Academy
- This program is intended to build lasting relationships with the University community and the Office of Public Safety through hands-on law enforcement education and operations.
Last updated: 7/30/2018