- Avoid walking alone after dark. Travel in pairs or in a group.
- Walk in well-lit areas, and scan your surroundings.
- Use the LiveSafe App to invite a friend to walk you home.
- Request an escort from Public Safety.
- Break your routine. Take a different route every now and then.
- Have your keys in your hand so you don’t have to search for them.
- Let friends and roommates know where you are going and when to expect you back.
- Don’t stay behind at parties or other events. If your friends are leaving go with them.
- Don’t jog alone and with earbuds on. Jog in pairs and be alert to your surroundings.
- Take a self-defense class.
- Don’t leave personal items such as electronics, laptops, tablets, and bikes unattended without securing or locking them first.
- Copy the serial numbers of your personal property and electronic devices, and keep this list somewhere safe.
- Lock the door when you get home, and don’t leave the door unlocked when you’re not there.
- Do not open your door unless you know the person on the other side.
- Call police for anyone who looks suspicious or does not belong in your residential area.
Last updated: 2/2/2021