This kit is simple and small enough to fit in a back pack or duffle bag:
- First Aid Kit – Allergy medicine (Benadryl); pain/anti-inflammatory medication; antiseptic cleansing wipes; antibiotic ointment; eye drops; adhesive bandages; gauze; etc.
- Flashlight with fresh batteries (check batteries frequently).
- Battery operated NOAA radio (check batteries frequently).
- Extra cash.
- Copies of important documents such as insurance, prescriptions, and identification.
- Personal hygiene supplies and prescription medications.
- Whistle with lanyard.
- Dust mask and eye protection.
- Pair of latex gloves.
- Small blanket.
- Rain poncho.
- Cell phone charger, power inverter.
- Bottled water (change out regularly).
- Ready-to-eat energy bars or other non-perishable easy-to-open food.
- If you have pets or kids—A second duffle bag with food, water, medications, identification, crate for pets, and other special supplies.
Last updated: 5/22/2018