Assemblies and Gatherings
Assemblies on campus allow students to exercise their freedom of speech. University Policy dictates that these assemblies MUST NOT:
- Result in a breach of peace or violation of the law.
- Negatively impact the security, health, and safety of persons and/or property on campus.
- Interfere with the free and unimpeded flow of pedestrian and vehicular traffic on campus or the entry or exit into University buildings.
- Materially disrupt or interfere with the normal activities of the University.
- Damage or destroy University property.
If an Assembly or Gathering Becomes Hostile
- Move away and avoid the area of disturbance.
- Do not participate with those provoking hostility, and do not attempt to reason with them. Walk away.
- Call the Office of Public Safety or send a tip with the LiveSafe App.
- If a class or lecture is disrupted, the offending person(s) should be asked to leave. If they refuse to leave, call the Office of Public Safety.
- Stay away from doors or windows if the disturbance is outside.
Last updated: 6/30/2022